Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Big One!!!

He's One, he's One!!! Today's the day! I'm so excited for my little guy. But a little sad for me. It's hard when the youngest, and very well the last, turns one. I rejoice, yet a small part is saying, I don't want my little guy to grow up.
Okay, so here's my little guy, one year ago, and here's his story.

My due date was August 11. Louisa was born 3 weeks early and Drew was born 10 days early. So, because of something like a small cervix, which is probably a little too much info, the doc was positive this one would be early, too. When August 11 came around he was shocked that I still had a baby in my tummy. He asked if I would consider being induced. Uh huh!!!! Oh ya!!! {{vigorously nodding my head}}

There I was, 6:30 a.m., August 12. Laying in a hospital bed with hubby at my side. I am GBS positive, so I had to have a very painful penicilin injection first. Then they started the petocin and 3 hours later I was holding my sweet little Hunter Steven in my arms.

Hunter for the fact that my husband's family is huge in hunting. And also, and more importantly for me, because we started our life as a family in Savannah, GA at the army base Hunter Army Airfield. Steven, well, is my dad!

Fast forward one year later and he's walking and talking and playing with his trucks and making animal noises and already asking questions! Yes, he asks "This?" and also "What?" He's already doing it?! What I am going to do when he's 3 and actually in the full blown question asking stage?

Now we're off to a whole new year of adventure and excitement and non-stop learning experiences for all of us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Hunter ( a couple of days ago) !! You are already making wonderful choices in the world - look at who you picked for mom and dad - goo job!! I know they love you very much. The picture is just too adorable for words.... Thanks for sharing.... Love, Snowflake

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how time flies! Hunter is so cute as a newborn and I love the picure of him sleeping in his stroller. All of your kids are adorable!
I'm glad you all had a Happy 1st Birthday!