Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Niagara Falls Crew



Here's the Niagara Falls Crew: (L to R)
My brother in law Ron, nephew Andrew, sister Colleen (can you tell we're sisters!), Me, Drew and Louisa are in front of my mom Nancy, dad Steve, and Ohio cousins Rodney and Cathy (their daughter is in Hollywood working her way up in the acting world and doing VERY well, but I'll tell more of that another time.)

So, here we are! Oh, and I can't forget Hunter, he's alseep in his stroller!
We were excited and ready to get wet at the Cave of the Winds in Niagara New York. You actually get close to the falls, so close you get drenched. It was such a rush to be right there under the falls. It's the smaller of the falls called the Bridal Falls. But exhilerating none the less.
If you plan on going, here's what to do. Buy something called Passport to the Falls. For one price you get all the cool stuff to do on the American side and you can use the tickets when you want to. First, go on the Maid of the Mist. Save your ponchos, don't throw them out like some of us did. Go to the Cave of the Winds second and use the Maid of the Mist ponchos. The ponchos that the Cave of the Winds gives you are the flimsy clear ones you see some of us wearing. They do NOTHING! You are better off going under the falls with a plastic grocery bag tied around your waste. The ones who got the wettest are the ones who are not wearing the nice blue ponchos from Maid of the Mist. But you have to get wet to really experience it. And bring a waterproof disposable camera. My sister had one and I don't know how the pics turned out, but she's the only one who could take pictures. My dad put his little digital camera in a plastic ziploc bag. I don't know yet how well that worked either.

That's part of our adventure, stay tuned for more...

2 comments:

scrapperjen said...

I love this picture! I can't wait to hear more! : )

Chaos Mommy said...

Are you being sarcastic, Toni?!
He's a lot of fun to have around and a real pick me up that me and the kids needed!
I just got pics from the trip from my dad so I can finally post more!
Stay tuned... ;)